Vogue.com to host online fashion week
Vogue.com is planning a week-long online fashion event on its blog, featuring exclusive shopping deals and editorial content.
Vogue.com: plans week-long fashion event to run in December
The Condé Nast-owned fashion site is tying up with retailers to create offers, one-off collection launches, goodie bags and exclusive content, such as videos of retailers styling their collections. Vogue editors and writers will be contributing content during the event.
It will run from 5 December to 9 December, timed to coincide with readers' Christmas shopping. A portion of the proceeds from sales during the event will be donated to charity.
Vogue also launched a Fashion Night In event last October, which raised £40,000 for charity.
No retailers have yet signed up to the event, but according to Dolly Jones, editor of Vogue.com UK, it is expecting all retailers to get involved.
She said it had 200 retailers involved in Fashion Night In, including Net a Porter, Harrods and Selfridges.
Jones said: "It is not just for big retailers, but independents too and, depending on how exciting their work is, we will give them more space.
"It is exactly like London Fashion Week online."
Yesterday (25 July), Vogue owner Condé Nast's US arm announced it had partnered with Flipboard, the personalised social magazine iPad app, to serve brand advertising on Flipboard for the first time, as well as content from the publisher’s US titles.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £90 - £100 per day, South West England
- Paid Search Manager Â– Leading Automotive Client-Up to £37k SYLEX Recruitment £27000 - £37000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Creative Recruitment £70000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Designer createselect Up to £35K pa, depending on experience, West London
- Technical Project Manager/Architect Red Sofa London £300.00 - £350.00 per day, London