Vogue.com to host online fashion week
Vogue.com is planning a week-long online fashion event on its blog, featuring exclusive shopping deals and editorial content.
Vogue.com: plans week-long fashion event to run in December
The Condé Nast-owned fashion site is tying up with retailers to create offers, one-off collection launches, goodie bags and exclusive content, such as videos of retailers styling their collections. Vogue editors and writers will be contributing content during the event.
It will run from 5 December to 9 December, timed to coincide with readers' Christmas shopping. A portion of the proceeds from sales during the event will be donated to charity.
Vogue also launched a Fashion Night In event last October, which raised £40,000 for charity.
No retailers have yet signed up to the event, but according to Dolly Jones, editor of Vogue.com UK, it is expecting all retailers to get involved.
She said it had 200 retailers involved in Fashion Night In, including Net a Porter, Harrods and Selfridges.
Jones said: "It is not just for big retailers, but independents too and, depending on how exciting their work is, we will give them more space.
"It is exactly like London Fashion Week online."
Yesterday (25 July), Vogue owner Condé Nast's US arm announced it had partnered with Flipboard, the personalised social magazine iPad app, to serve brand advertising on Flipboard for the first time, as well as content from the publisher’s US titles.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...