Trinity Mirror brings together national and regional digital teams
Trinity Mirror has appointed Chris Ellis, previously managing director of its UK nationals digital business, to a newly-created group-wide digital role as part of a restructure merging its national and regional digital teams.
Ellis will report to Mark Hollinshead, managing director of Trinity Mirror Nationals, and Georgina Harvey, managing director of Trinity Mirror Regionals, as well as a digital board chaired by Trinity Mirror chief executive Sly Bailey.
He will take the role of managing director of Trinity Mirror Digital, less than a year since joining the company.
Bailey laid out the reasons for the restructure in the following note to staff:
"As of today we’re bringing together our regional and national core digital teams (excluding our digital marketing services and online classified businesses) into a single digital unit to accelerate digital audience and revenue growth.
"All our digital brands will retain their individual identities, but they will now benefit from a consistent company-wide approach to product management, engineering, technology and monetisation.
"We are also creating a dedicated standalone team to focus entirely on new product development and innovation. Developing and launching new nationwide digital products beyond our current footprint is key to our digital growth.
"This integrated digital structure will allow us to accelerate the launch of new products and services. It will also allow new features developed in one part of the business to be quickly shared and deployed across the Group."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...