Netflix widens distribution to Sony Entertainment Network
Sony has partnered with Netflix to add the online film-streaming service to its Entertainment Network, enabling users to watch the service via an application on a range of Sony devices in the UK.
Netflix: expands its distribution via link-up with the Sony Entertainment Network
From 24 April, Netflix will be available on Sony Bravia, Blu-ray players, Network Media players and Playstation 3.
Netflix's move presents a further challenge to LoveFilm in the UK, which already has an existing relationship with Sony.
Netflix, which launched in the UK at the start of the year, now claims to have 23 million members across the world.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Strategy Director Lipton Fleming £75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior eCRM Digital Producer / Project Manager, £45K, The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £45K, Farringdon
- Senior Digital Buyer Lipton Fleming £28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London