The National Trust turns to Facebook for Great British Day Out
The National Trust is launching a campaign that encourages Facebook users to design a 'Great British Day Out', in a drive to target a younger audience by displaying the variety of its venues.
National Trust: targets younger audience via social media network
It has launched a Facebook app, created by e3, which enables users to select a National Trust destination, such as a beach, pub or island, choose a theme, such as a party or a romantic occasion, and invite their friends on the social network.
Once users submit their 'Great Day Out', they can share it with friends on Facebook and Twitter. The top 20 days out voted for by Facebook users will be shortlisted to be judged by the National Trust, and the winner will have their day out made a reality.
The National Trust is promoting the competition with Sponsored Story ads on Facebook, to encourage users to share it with their friends. In addition, the organisation will undertake blogger outreach, online advertising and Twitter activity.
The National Trust is not new to social media. Last year, it launched an experiment called My Farm, in which it gave 10,000 people control of one of its working farms, through an online subscription.
Last month, it appointed 18 Feet & Rising as its ad agency, tasked to develop an overarching brand strategy to deliver the charity's core charitable purpose, while broadening its appeal.
llow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex