Brand barometer: Nivea viral campaign reviewed
Goviral evaluates the latest viral campaign from Nivea, with "ones to watch" from Bing, Range Rover and Virgin Media.
Successfuly combines the best of online and TV
9 / 10
In 2011, Nivea for Men launched ‘The Great Football Experiment’, sponsoring Sunday League team Ivory FC for a season and providing professional coaching to see whether it could change its fortunes. The activity marked a departure from traditional FMCG awareness strategies by focusing more on depth of engagement and longevity. Since last summer the brand has released several online clips featuring the team. The latest, ‘The Keepy Up Challenge’, features World Freestyle Football Champion Andrew Henderson teaching the Ivory boys how to juggle a ball.
Nivea has successfully combined the best of online and TV to crack the content side of the equation. It has moved its online content from top-line awareness to engagement and taken the best of the familiar reality-show format from TV to make it happen. Now Nivea has an ‘always on’ strategy, as opposed to the traditional ‘peak and valley’ approach.
Ones to watch: Viral hits from this week
Bing: Teaser YouTube
This video, part of an ongoing ‘Bing is for doing’ campaign, asks ‘What would you like to do?’ It drives viewers to a Facebook page to submit ideas. The best will be made possible by the Microsoft search engine.
Range Rover: Evoque Special Edition
Land Rover promotes its much-hyped tie-up with Victoria Beckham in a film by British music-video director and fashion photographer Nick Knight.
Virgin Media: Dog-Training Tips
Virgin Media builds on its sponsorship of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent with a YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing the talents of its customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...