Habbo suspends chat function after indecency allegations
Habbo has suspended the ability for users of its social network to talk to each other in reaction to Channel 4's claims that lapses in moderation left a reporter posing as a child open to repeated sexual approaches.
Habbo: social network's kitchen theme
LaFontaine explained the decision in the following statement: "I am greatly saddened that following reports of abusing behaviour amongst a very small part of the Habbo community, we have taken the decision to mute all conversations across the site.
"We are still reviewing our long-term plans for the Habbo Community, and would like to thank our millions of loyal users fro their support at this challenging time.
"This decision has not been taken lightly and underlines the company’s continuing commitment to ensure that all our site users remain safeguarded from inappropriate behavior and conversations.
"Our internal investigation is currently on-going, but we will be sure to inform all users of further developments in the coming days and weeks.
"In the meantime, my thanks for your patience and understanding."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...