Twitter to offer geographic ad targeting within UK
Twitter has enhanced the targeting of its ad products to allow brands to reach users in specific countries and some major cities within the United Kingdom.
Twitter: enhances ad targeting
Previously advertisers have only been able to target Twitter users on a global scale or at country level, available in the US, UK and Japan.
From today advertisers can book a Twitter ad campaign, which includes Promoted Tweets, Trends and Accounts to targets users in England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland as well as London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow and Liverpool.
The ads will be available on both the desktop and mobile version of the service.
Greater location targeting is a feature which advertisers have long called for. Twitter started offering UK-targeted tweets a year ago, after almost a year of anticipation.
A Twitter spokeswoman did not reveal whether the company planned to offer targeting for more regions in the UK.
In a blog post, Twitter gave an example of how the enhanced targeting could be used by a retailer wanting to create a location based offer.
Twitter's newly introduced interest-based targeting can be used alongside the location based ads.
Twitter currently does not have any of the new geo-location ads running in the UK yet.
In the UK, Twitter is rapidly growing and recently announced it was looking to expand its office by nearly 50%, recruiting 15 more staff across, sales, creative solutions and research.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Groovy & Grails Developer - £35k - Central London Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + travel perks :), London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...