Unilever to launch new 'pleasure hunt' game for Magnum Infinity
Unilever is promoting the launch of its new Magnum Infinity ice-cream, with a sequel to last year's 'Magnum Pleasure Hunt' game.
Magnum Infinity: Unilever launches second phase of brand's Pleasure Hunt game
The 'Magnum Pleasure Hunt Across the Globe 2' game, created by Lowe Brindfors, features a "pleasure-seeking" female character visiting various locations around the world, including New York and Rio de Janeiro.
The game, which is hosted on a dedicated site and goes live at midday today (3 April), has been integrated into Bing maps' Streetview to give it a rich web experience.
Lowe Brindfors sent a photographer around the world to take more than 6,500 pictures that are used in the game to create realistic locations. It also features brands in the scenes, including Quiksilver, Bulgari and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.
Players must steer the character around the scenery using their keyboards to collect "cocoa nibs", which are the chunks of cocoa beans found in the Infinity ice-cream.
They can play directly against friends, and those who collect the most nibs in the shortest time will win. They can share their score with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Mick van Ettinger, global senior vice-president at Magnum, said: "Having seen the success of last year's game, which became the most Tweeted web address in the world after just one week of launch, we look forward to witnessing another viral sensation."
Unilever launched the first game in April last year and claims to have attracted seven million players worldwide, who spent an average of five minutes taking part.
Unilever is continuing its push into digital marketing after an increase in spend of 15% in 2011.
As part of its digital drive, Unilever rolled out a 'Flush of Fortune' digital game for its Domestos toilet bleach brand.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London