National Trust launches Wallace and Gromit ads
The National Trust is targeting new audiences and young visitors with a Jubilee-themed augmented reality campaign starring Wallace and Gromit.
The charity is running a press campaign created by MBA with mini animations embedded in the creative that can be unlocked by pointing an Aurasma-enabled mobile device at the creative.
Additional augmented reality content in the augmented reality campaign includes a behind-the-scenes look at the duo’s new mini animation, which will debut at Trust properties over the Jubilee weekend.
The end of the video directs people to a microsite where viewers can learn more about the Jubilee tea parties screening the new Wallace and Gromit animation, which is produced by Aardman.
It represents the first time the National Trust has used augmented reality technology and fits in with its growing commitment to embrace new audiences and prove its properties are aimed at everyone.
Cat Weaver, senior marketing campaign manager at the National Trust, said: "The collaboration with Aurasma is designed to encourage families and friends to celebrate the best of British at our sites and properties.
"These adverts are the perfect way to show that we are listening to new audiences and constantly looking forwards.
"We hope they will 'wow' families and our younger visitors, giving them an unexpected behind-the-scenes look at our exclusive mini-animation."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London