EA Sports brings in Joe Hart and Messi for interactive Fifa 13 campaign
EA Sports is taking fans on a journey through a labyrinthine clubhouse, with cameos from Joe Hart and Lionel Messi, in its interactive Fifa 13 ad campaign.
Fifa 13: EA takes fans on a journey through a clubhouse
The 'Join the Clu13' campaign features an interactive 90-second film by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam where "average Joes" mingle with professional players.
The creative follows a Fifa player travelling through the clubhouse, where he sees Manchester City's Joe Hart playing a kit boy, Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain being sold in an Ultimate Team auction and meets Barcelona's Lionel Messi for a Fifa 13 showdown.
The spot is set to a remix by Freak Power of Fatboy Slim's track 'Can You Feel It' and is premiering online now to coincide with the climax of the football transfer window, ahead of its TV launch tomorrow (1 September).
Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam executive creative directors Mark Bernath and Eric Quennoy worked on the ad, which was produced by Park Pictures and directed by Gary Freedman.
Fifa is supporting the spot with a football fanzine-inspired interactive experience created by AKQA that is designed to allow viewers to discover addition material about the game and its features.
The interactive experience allows viewers to find out more about Messi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Hart, Karim Benzema and Tim Cahill as they are introduced to the game’s features including "attacking intelligence" and "complete dribbling".
Fifa has designed the campaign to perform on tablets or a desktop with additional content including tips and tricks and real-time social media feeds from professional footballers.
The 'Join the Clu13' concept highlights the game's "sociability" with new features, including the EA Sports Football Club live service, which is designed to make the game more of a football social network.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...