IHG readies Holiday Inn diamond giveaway push
Holiday Inn has unveiled a global marketing campaign to celebrate its 60th anniversary, which will involve it leaving diamonds under pillows in some of its rooms.
Holiday Inn: 60th anniversary campaign
The ‘Celebrating 60 years around the world’ activity launches in Europe on 28 September. The hotel’s owner, InterContinental Hotels Group, calls it the ‘most joined-up’ integrated campaign it has produced for the brand.
IHG is placing £30,000-worth of diamonds in selected hotel rooms across the continent for its customers to find. Digital and mobile activity, created by McCann Manchester, will allow consumers to follow clues about where the diamonds are located.
The push will make use of Holiday Inn’s direct channels and loyalty base. IHG’s senior vice-president of sales and marketing, Matt Luscombe, speaking about the importance of the milestone, said the brand’s 50s heritage ‘really resonates’ with consumers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...