Food Network partners 15 street vendors for interactive campaign
Food Network UK is launching a digital campaign based on a partnership with 15 street food vendors to push its forthcoming 'Andy Bates American Street Feasts' series.
Andy Bates: hosts American Street Feasts
Holler created the campaign, which will encourage customers to tweet a picture and description of food bought from participating vendors using the #StreetFeastsUSA hashtag.
Each vendor is giving away 20 free lunches over the course of the week, based on what the they think are the best images sent through Twitter.
All tweets and images posted by people using the hashtag will be added to an interactive online map hosted on the Food Network website.
Participating vendors will also receive advertising on the Food Network UK Facebook page and mentions across the brand’s other social media channels.
In the week following the airing of the first episode, Bates will visit the food vendor who generated the most social media posts on the interactive food map.
Food Network UK will also run a Twitter Q&A with Bates during the premiere of the show at 6.30pm on 8 October.
The series comprises 15 episodes of 30 minutes each and follows Bates across the Atlantic as he travels to the US to uncover the best American street food.
Food Network is turning to crowdsourcing to further expand the campaign by inviting food and lifestyle bloggers to submit their choices for the 'Top 100 Street Food Stalls' via the interactive map.
It is hoped the activity will establish Food Network UK as the authority on street food.
Influential bloggers will be invited to take part in a street food Apprentice-style challenge with Andy Bates with video content from the event uploaded to the network.
Kate Bradshaw, head of digital at Food Network UK, said it was the "first channel to uncover and showcase street food as a genre, with Andy Bates a great example of the authentic, grass-roots talent unearthed by the channel".Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London