Wonderbra model covers up in change of tactics
Wonderbra is breaking lingerie advertising tradition by hiding its uplifting product under a layer of clothing, but is inviting women to download an app that will reveal 'the Wonderbra behind the look'.
The DB Apparel-owned brand is tomorrow (2 October) launching an integrated marketing push to remind consumers the brand is not just for special occasions.
Print ads will show model Adriana Cernanova fully dressed, in contrast with previous ads.
A dedicated app called 'The Wonderbra Decoder' can detect a QR code on the ad, revealing an image of Cernanova modelling the Wonderbra she is wearing under her clothes. The app links through the brand’s full range.
The ads will be placed in women’s weekly and monthly magazines, supported by digital activity, during October and November, alongside point of sale, social media and PR activity, including YouTube work and a Facebook competition.
Wonderbra has worked with Iris PR, MPG, Testify, Unity, Digitas and Publicis 133 on the campaign.
Martina Alexander, marketing manager at Wonderbra UK, said the campaign aims to show the brand’s offer of "a bra for all occasions".
She said: "We wanted to highlight this through a fun and original medium that really targets and engages with our consumers.
"We are showing Adriana in her clothes, including simple jeans and T-shirt, and through our new and unique app consumers can reveal the Wonderbra behind the look. It’s really female friendly and links to the outfit which was important to us."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Brand Strategist & Senior Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £60k-£90k + neg + generous benefits, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Retail Royds Raphael £30k-£40k, London
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London