Wonderbra model covers up in change of tactics
Wonderbra is breaking lingerie advertising tradition by hiding its uplifting product under a layer of clothing, but is inviting women to download an app that will reveal 'the Wonderbra behind the look'.
The DB Apparel-owned brand is tomorrow (2 October) launching an integrated marketing push to remind consumers the brand is not just for special occasions.
Print ads will show model Adriana Cernanova fully dressed, in contrast with previous ads.
A dedicated app called 'The Wonderbra Decoder' can detect a QR code on the ad, revealing an image of Cernanova modelling the Wonderbra she is wearing under her clothes. The app links through the brand’s full range.
The ads will be placed in women’s weekly and monthly magazines, supported by digital activity, during October and November, alongside point of sale, social media and PR activity, including YouTube work and a Facebook competition.
Wonderbra has worked with Iris PR, MPG, Testify, Unity, Digitas and Publicis 133 on the campaign.
Martina Alexander, marketing manager at Wonderbra UK, said the campaign aims to show the brand’s offer of "a bra for all occasions".
She said: "We wanted to highlight this through a fun and original medium that really targets and engages with our consumers.
"We are showing Adriana in her clothes, including simple jeans and T-shirt, and through our new and unique app consumers can reveal the Wonderbra behind the look. It’s really female friendly and links to the outfit which was important to us."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...