Chrysler re-launches with £10m Super Bowl campaign
Car brand Chrysler is kicking off a £10m campaign to re-launch the brand in the UK, starting with a TV ad breaking during this weekend's Super Bowl.
The campaign, by integrated agency DCH, will be based around the strapline "Different is what we do", to focus on the brand's "grittier, urban, no-nonsense" reputation.
It follows a decision made three-years ago by parent company Fiat to phase Chrysler out of the European market, with the intention of making Jeep the company's only remaining global marque.
In an effort to re-connect with UK car-buyers, Chrysler will focus the activity around its Grand Voyage, 300C, C-class Delta and B-class Ypsilon models.
A collection of three TV ads will be supported with print, outdoor, digital, direct marketing and eCRM activity. The TV clip itself begins with a 300C model driving through Detroit, with scenes of car mechanics working in their overalls.
The car then emerges from a tunnel in London, and is joined by the rest of the rest of the Chrysler range.
Nigel Land, brand director at Jeep Chrysler, said: "These are exciting times for Chrysler, which has seen great success for the brand in the States, and established itself as a main competitor in the UK mass car market."
Chrysler is also sponsoring the NFL's UK screening of this weekend's Super Bowl at The O2.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...