Change4Life tackles sensible drinking mission
The Department of Health has launched its first Change4Life ad focused solely on encouraging sensible alcohol consumption.
Created by M&C Saatchi, the humorous TV execution warns that drinking just slightly over the NHS guidelines still leaves drinkers at risk from serious illness, including heart disease, stroke and cancer.
The ad, which broke yesterday (5 February), features the established Aardman-created Change4Life figures plus cartoon wine and beer glasses and will run for six weeks at peak times from Sundays through to Wednesdays.
It highlights that regularly drinking around two large glasses of wine or two strong pints of beer a day triple the risk of developing mouth cancer and double the risk of developing high blood pressure.
The campaign also offers hints and tips on how drinkers can cut down on their consumption, such as having alcohol-free days, not ‘pre-loading’ (drinking at home before going out), swapping to low-alcohol or alcohol free drinks and using smaller glasses.
As well as the TV activity, the DoH is launching an online calculator on the Change4Life website which allows users to check how much they are drinking and work out whether they need to cut down.
Additionally, two million leaflets will also be available for Change4Life supporters and health professionals around the country.
Andrew Lansley, health secretary, said: "Change4Life is a fantastic, well-known campaign, that has already helped a million families around the country. I want to expand it beyond eating well and moving more, so people look after themselves and really do live longer."
DoH marketing director Sheila Mitchell added: "This campaign will raise awareness of the serious health harms caused by regularly drinking even slightly over the guidelines."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Strategy Director - Consumer PR Reuben Sinclair £65000 - £85000 Per Annum, London (Greater)