Sainsbury's targets mothers with Little Ones revamp
Sainsbury's has revamped the website and email marketing programme of its Little Ones baby and toddler club.
Sainsbury's: revamps Little Ones site
The supermarket's increased focus on Little Ones, which it launched in 2009, comes as rivals are courting mothers with projects including the Asda Mumdex research panel and a partnership between Waitrose and Mumsnet.
Strategic content agency Seven has redesigned the Little Ones site, which has been split into five lifestages – pregnancy, newborn, weaning, toddler and pre-school.
The new Mum Zone area allows users to send in their own tips, stories and Sainsbury's product recommendations.
There is also a more segmented monthly Little Ones email campaign, which involves the club targeting content to the exact stage of pregnancy or child development of its members.
Sainsbury's collects the children's ages from data provided at registration. It asks would-be members to provide their due date as well as details of any children they already have, including their dates of birth.
Email content will include advice, offers, nutritionally approved recipes and parenting tips, along with content from "real mums".
Sainsbury's is hoping to drive sales with its renewed focus on Little Ones by focusing on hundreds of healthy family meal recipes, which are designed to increase shoppers' basket size.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...