Weight Watchers in digital/DM review
Weight Watchers is seeking an agency to handle its UK digital and direct account.
Weight Watchers: Saatchis handles its ad account
The diet programme, which does not have an incumbent on the business, has appointed the intermediary Oystercatchers to oversee the process. In the past, it has worked with agencies including Orchid, Gecko and Razorfish.
Saatchi & Saatchi, which handles the Weight Watchers advertising account, is unaffected by the review.
The review follows the appointment of the former Levi's marketing director Julie Davidson as vice-president of marketing. She joined Weight Watchers in May.
A direct and digital push will follow the launch in January of Weight Watchers' biggest UK campaign.
The £28 million drive, which included a three-minute TV ad starring the singer Alesha Dixon, was used as a springboard to launch its "play" brand proposition.
The ad was the first by Saatchis since winning the account in August last year.
In the US, the brand has just launched its first ad campaign featuring its new brand ambassador, Jessica Simpson.
Weight Watchers was unavailable for comment.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Brand Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum + plus benefits, Newmarket
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...