ISBA challenges 'ill-thought out' EU data protection report
ISBA has expressed concern that the European Parliament’s draft report on the Data Protection Regulation imposes significant new restrictions and definitions for advertisers, and will contradict the EU Charter on fundamental rights.
Ian Twinn: slams latest EU data protection proposals
The report by the Civil Liberties Committee, which was released on Wednesday, forms part of Brussels' efforts to reform data laws.
Ian Twinn, ISBA's director of public affairs, said: "The EU's data protection proposal just got much worse. Advertisers will be concerned about the widening of the definition of 'personal data' and the extension of the need for 'explicit consent'.
Twinn added that the "right to be forgotten" had also been included, "without any acknowledgement that it is in fact undeliverable".
He said: "We will continue to lobby Brussels, with the World Federation of Advertisers, to bring some common sense back into the debate and try to mitigate the harm that these ill-thought out proposals represent to our members."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London