HMV shouldn't be closing down its Twitter feed
Troubled music retailer HMV caused a stir on Twitter yesterday as employees used the brand's official Twitter feed to live-blog mass redundancies taking place at the high street chain. This led to a call to close the brand's Twitter account down which would be a bad mistake.
Using the hashtag #hmvXFactorFiring, @HMVtweets claimed that staff were being fired by the HR department. The news was then confirmed by the administrator. Deloitte said that 190 people have been made redundant at the brand's head office and distribution centres.
The Tweets were quickly deleted, but not before they were widely shared. The feed also claimed that the "marketing director" was asking "How do I shut down Twitter?".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London