Tesco to offer free entertainment service for Clubcard holders
Tesco is testing a TV and movie service through its Blinkbox platform, which will be free to Clubcard holders.
Justice League: available on Clubcard TV
The service, called Clubcard TV, is currently in beta testing and only available to Tesco staff.
Its website shows a range of family-friendly entertainment, including animated children’s programmes 'Justice League' and 'Care Bears'. Tesco also promises to provide drama, action, comedy and documentaries.
If the service is rolled out, customers will be required to enter their 16-digit Clubcard number and postcode to access the content for free.
The website states: "There are no schedules, no subscriptions, no fees – as long as you are a Tesco Clubcard customer and you have access to the internet, you’re free to enjoy Clubcard TV."
A Tesco spokeswoman said: "We’re always looking for new ways to reward our customers’ loyalty. We’re trialling Clubcard TV with colleagues to get their feedback before rolling it out more widely."
Tesco has owned an 80% stake in internet TV service Blinkbox since April 2011. Later that year, it became the first UK retailer to allow customers to stream a digital version of a film if they bought the physical version on DVD or Blu-ray.
Separately, it has been reported that Clive Dunn and Edwina Humby, the founders of Tesco Clubcard, have stepped down as non-executive directors of dunnhumby, the agency which manages the Clubcard programme.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...