WPP lands 'Obama agency' Blue State Digital
Martin Sorrell's WPP has acquired the full service digital agency Blue State Digital, best known for leading Barack Obama's digital campaign in the last US presidential elections.
Sir Martin Sorrell lands another jewel for WPP
The financial details have not been released, but in a statement, Blue State said all assets of the company, based in New York but with an office in London, have been acquired by WPP Digital, the ad network’s digital investment arm.
Blue State specialises in non-profit, cause-related communications, including advocacy, membership and fundraising work for educational and cultural institutions, as well as political and corporate work.
Alongside the high profile work for the US president, Blue State in the UK has worked with Hope Not Hate and the Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST).
The company also worked for former Prime Minister Tony Blair in the run up to the UK elections held earlier this year.
Founded in 2004, BSD employs 130 people across offices in Washington DC, Boston, New York, Los Angeles and London.
Mark Read, director of strategy and chief executive of WPP Digital, said: "Blue State Digital will bring distinctive skills to WPP Digital through its formidable presence in cause-based marketing, its comprehensive core technology set and an impressive set of clients."
Joe Rospars, founding partner and creative director of BSD – who took a sabbatical from the company to lead the Obama digital campaign – said: "WPP Digital will be a great home for BSD as we pursue our mission of bridging traditional and new-media campaigns to deepen relationships between organizations and the people most important to them."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...