Full events detail
CIPR: Quality vs Quantity
- 13 September 2012 to 13 September 2012
13 September 2012 - In the race for more followers and fans, have brands forgotten about the importance of engagement?
With Dominic Burch, head of corp comms & social media at Asda @dom_AsdaPR
In social media circles it's very hard not to compare who has the most followers or fans, but the quality of the connections made is far more important than the number of people collected. As communication professionals, it is our role to manage social media conversations in a way that is strategic, drives engagement in our brands, and enhances the relationship with our customers. Dom will discuss how content management is now key. Content must be relevant to what you do, what you sell, and who you are. Content should be informative, entertaining or inspiring. Ask interesting questions, seek feedback, gain insight, hand over control, and be seen to act on what you are told. He'll also talk through his experience of leading Asda's engagement strategy, and describe how it was been built on a simple three-pronged approach: listen, engage, and then, and only then, seek to influence.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London
- Online Channel Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 plus benefits, London
- Research Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Ipswich