Full events detail
CIPR: Social TV
- 20 September 2012 to 20 September 2012
20 September 2012 - Social TV - A fertile ground for engagement and a nightmare for crisis
With Katy Howell, CEO, immediate future @katyhowell
Almost 80% of television viewers regularly use their smartphones, tablets and PCs when watching TV. On at least a weekly basis, viewers now engage with seven different types of social TV interaction - from checking in and chatting to looking for supplemental content - using platforms from Facebook and Twitter to specially designed social TV apps.
And whilst broadcasters look to monetise this, brands get more involved. For public relations, this represents both opportunities and risks. A chance to widen reach and develop broadcast PR to a more engaged and engaging level. But social TV also needs to be part of the crisis mix. Issues announced on the news or on programmes like Watchdog can explode into the social space, extending and renewing crisis. Katy will detail the impact of social TV on reputation alongside the latest developments that are capturing consumer attention.
Tickets for members and non members £10 + vat = £12
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...