Full events detail
The future of UK design rights - priorities for a reformed framework
- 23 October 2012 to 23 October 2012
- Westminster Forum Projects
Following Government's response to the Hargreaves Review of Intellectual Property and Growth, and timed as the Intellectual Property Office is due to respond to its current consultation on the future of the UK design rights system, this seminar will bring together key policymakers and stakeholders to discuss how the UK's intellectual property framework can better support innovation and growth in design and design related industries.
The seminar will provide delegates with an opportunity to assess possible reforms to what Hargreaves labeled "a patchwork of protection" - looking at the future of registered and unregistered design rights at domestic and community levels, as well as how design rights interact with other areas of intellectual property law such as copyright. Sessions will also include stakeholder perspectives on how policymakers can better help UK designers establish, maintain and profit from their design rights when trading internationally, with latest thinking on the value of design to the UK in the global economy.
Central London - TBA http://www.westminsterforumprojects.co.uk/forums/event.php?eid=478
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Talented Mixed Methodology Researchers- Boutique Innovative Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £27000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Strategy Director with Global Media Network Gemini Search £75000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Executive/Junior Account Executive fishtank £17000 - £22000 per annum, Surrey
- PR Account Director, B2B, German Speaking, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London