Full events detail
CIPR: Media Relations Modernised
- 25 October 2012 to 25 October 2012
With Adam Parker, chief executive of RealWire @AdParker Most discussion of PR practitioners listening and engaging on Twitter focuses on how the platform creates the potential for direct conversations with the public. Yet possibly the most obvious benefit of Twitter for the PR community, how it can help with media relations, doesn't get much attention at all.
Twitter presents PRs with a unique opportunity to increase the level and quality of conversation and dialogue in their media relations activity. With 80 percent of UK journalists active on Twitter, the platform is like a virtual newsroom with journalists, editors and influential bloggers discussing, questioning and promoting stories.
Twitter is an opportunity to listen to these conversations, understand what is driving the news agenda and know who in the media is interested in which story or topic. PR practitioners can use it to be sure that they are always highly relevant when they send that email, draft that press release or pick up the phone, and find opportunities that would otherwise have passed them by.
Tickets: £10 + VAT for members and non members of CIPR
CIPR HQ, London
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...