Full events detail
Does advertising shape up? The Body Ideal Debate
- 15 March 2013 to 15 March 2013
- London College of Fashion, Rootstein Hopkins Space, 20 John Princes Street, London, W1G 0BJ
Following on from our involvement with the All Party Parliamentary Group on Body Image, and the work we continue to do with self esteem and body image workshops in schools with Dove, Beat are running an event around these and other associated topics this March at the London College of Fashion.
This interactive and engaging event will explore aesthetic ideals and stimulate debate around this issue which increasingly seems to attract attention.
Does the advertising industry already act responsibly on body image issues, or does there need to be legislation to protect people vulnerable to its influence?
Does advertising follow public opinion, not lead it?
Isn’t body image just about personal vanity?
The Body Ideal Debate at the London College of Fashion will bring together views, opinion and expert witness on this fascinating topic.
Speakers from advertising, fashion, media and activism will raise the issues as they see them, inform the debate and get everyone thinking.
Audience participation will be encouraged, and we expect to see hearts and minds changed by the end of the day- we just can’t predict which way!
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...