Foot Locker appoints AMV to European advertising task
Foot Locker Europe has hired Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO to handle its advertising account across Europe.
Foot Locker: AMV will be responsible for European advertising
The move follows the appointment of BBDO New York to Foot Locker's advertising business in the US as a result of a separate pitch.
The previous lead agency on both the European and US business was SapientNitro. It will continue to handle digital projects for Foot Locker.
AMV will create the pan-European brand campaign for the company in 2012.
Foot Locker will be looking to strengthen its partnerships with sports brands including Nike, Reebok and Adidas, as well as forging a clearer brand positioning for Foot Locker across Europe.
BBDO New York will create new work for Foot Locker that will air during the festive period in the US.
SapientNitro picked up a gold Cyber Lion this year for its "Sneakerpedia" work for the brand, which involved the creation of an online community of trainer fans.
Recent Foot Locker ads include the "it's a sneaker thing" TV spots, created by SapientNitro in the US, showing students obsessed with trainers reinterpreting famous moments in history.
Separately, Foot Locker is involved in a pitch being run by Adidas for pan-European advertising for the launch of a new trainer in its retro Adidas Originals range. Foot Locker Europe has the exclusive rights to sell the trainer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London