Benetton to consolidate £80m global media
United Colors of Benetton is gearing up to consolidate its media planning and buying account into its first agency network.
Benetton: creative work, by Fabrica, is understood to be unaffected by review
The fashion brand’s worldwide communications director, Gianluca Pastore, told Campaign that he is planning to consolidate the business, which is currently run from Benetton’s group headquarters in Italy.
"We will be consolidating it into a single network. It will take time, but it’s the right way to go," he said.
Benetton, most famous for its striking and controversial series of poster ads in the 80s photographed by Oliviero Toscani, has started to increase its advertising spend, the bulk of which is online.
Its global marketing budget is currently £80 million, a large proportion of which is spent on the "unemployee of the year" campaign.
Pastore denied that he had any plans to alter Benetton’s creative assignments. The business is currently handled by its own "communications research centre", Fabrica. The shop created the "unhate" campaign with 72andSunny Amsterdam that took the Press Grand Prix at Cannes this year.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)