Benetton to consolidate £80m global media
United Colors of Benetton is gearing up to consolidate its media planning and buying account into its first agency network.
Benetton: creative work, by Fabrica, is understood to be unaffected by review
The fashion brand’s worldwide communications director, Gianluca Pastore, told Campaign that he is planning to consolidate the business, which is currently run from Benetton’s group headquarters in Italy.
"We will be consolidating it into a single network. It will take time, but it’s the right way to go," he said.
Benetton, most famous for its striking and controversial series of poster ads in the 80s photographed by Oliviero Toscani, has started to increase its advertising spend, the bulk of which is online.
Its global marketing budget is currently £80 million, a large proportion of which is spent on the "unemployee of the year" campaign.
Pastore denied that he had any plans to alter Benetton’s creative assignments. The business is currently handled by its own "communications research centre", Fabrica. The shop created the "unhate" campaign with 72andSunny Amsterdam that took the Press Grand Prix at Cannes this year.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Copywriter The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...