Gap reviews international creative and media
Gap, the high-street clothing retailer, has approached agencies about its international advertising and media accounts.
Gap: O&M and PHD handle advertising and media respectively
It is understood that the review will not affect Gap’s key North American market, where the bulk of the brand’s spend is focused. The creative business is handled by Ogilvy & Mather, while PHD looks after media.
The review coincides with a restructure of Gap’s global brand management, which saw its North American, international, online, outlet and franchise divisions brought together under a single global executive for each of its Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy brands.
The retailer launched a global marketing campaign in August last year in a bid to expand its presence in world markets. The predominantly digital "1969 LA and beyond" campaign, created by O&M, told the story of Gap’s denim studio in Los Angeles and how its products are worn in different cities around the world.
Gap has also previously worked with Crispin Porter & Bogusky, which was responsible for a 2009 Christmas campaign called "holiday cheer" that encouraged people to connect with the brand.
PHD retained the $300 million consolidated global media account at the end of 2010. It is expected to repitch for the business.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...