McDonald's targets coffee drinkers
McDonald's is taking on coffee chains with a TV ad that focuses on the conversations people have while enjoying its hot beverages.
The ad, created by Leo Burnett, will launch today (9 January). It features snippets of conversations taking place over coffees at McDonald's. The emotions of the various characters are reflected in the ways they interact with their cups of coffee.
A radio ad features dialogues from different people all over the country, initiating conversations that are best had over a McDonald’s coffee.
Print ads created by Ed Tillbrook and Richard Ince will support the radio and TV ads, which were created by Rob Tenconi and Mark Franklin.
The creative director was Adam Tucker and the executive creative director was Justin Tindall.
Peter Cattaneo at Academy directed the TV commercial, while the print campaign was photographed by James Day. OMD UK handled the media planning and buying.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London