Chip shop spoofs Beckham Bodywear ad
Soho-based chippy Golden Union is promoting National Chip Week with a spoof of the H&M advert starring David Beckham in his underpants.
National Chip Week: parodies David Beckham ad
The comedy video appears to show Beckham in his briefs eating chips and ends with the strapline "forget London Fashion Week, it's National Chip Week’.
The creative plays on the fact that this week (20-26 February) is both London Fashion Week and National Chip Week.
The ad might not last long online as it reproduces a number of shots from the original Beckham ad, something Beckham and H&M may not take too kindly to.
Golden Union is encouraging viewers of the video to tweet #BeckhamForGU as a parody of the #BeckhamForHM hashtag used in the H&M campaign.
Separately, family-owned Albert Bartlett is jumping on the back of National Chip Week with a press campaign for its russet potatoes, which it claims are perfect for potato wedges, jackets and fries.
The company is running a print campaign in the Daily Mirror for its American-style russet potatoes, which are available at Booths, Lidl and Ocado.
Creative runs with the strapline "pick up a bag this week and you'll be able to celebrate Chip week in style – American style that is".
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Account Manager Recruitment Genius £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 per annum, Guildford
- Website and Ecommerce Manager Amathus Drinks £30k basic and potential O.T.E £45K , Park Royal, NW10