McDonald's former boss joins Wagamama
Steve Easterbrook, the former European boss of McDonald's and chief executive of Pizza Express, has been named chief executive of Wagamama, the Japanese-inspired restaurant chain.
Steve Easterbrook: joins Wagamama
Easterbrook replaces Steve Hill who stepped down from the role in June.
Wagamama is owned by private equity firm Duke Street Capital. It has become increasingly popular in the UK in recent years.
Easterbook joined McDonald's in 1993 and worked at the fast-food giant for 18 years. In August 2011 he stepped down as president of McDonald's Europe to join Pizza Express as its chief executive, surprising many in the industry.
Wagamama says it has ambitious growth plans. Currently, it operates 84 restaurants globally, with plans to open 15 restaurants a year in the UK.
Wagamama is thought to have big plans to grow overseas, through running a franchise strategy. Easterbook has significant experience in running food franchise operations.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...