Greggs launches hunt for brand superfans
Greggs has launched a competition to identify its most passionate fans in social media, with the winners receiving a free Greggs lunch every week for a year.
Greggs: pushing on from half a million Facebook fans
The baked goods retailer, which has over half a million fans on Facebook, is looking for what it punningly calls an ‘Arthur Million’, which is an enthusiastic and passionate fan who "loves Greggs the most".
It is encouring its fans to come up with ways of showing their love for Greggs, whether it be changing their name on Facebook, creating a song, or dressing up as a life size sandwich.
Graeme Nash, head of customer and marketing at Greggs said "Some of our customers have a great sense of humour and many are extremely passionate and creative. We are really excited to see how far they will go."
The campaign, created by Steel, runs for the next two weeks, with the winners being selected based on their creativity and flair.
Greggs, which has more than 1,600 shops nationwide and claims to serves over six million customers a week in the UK, has grown its Facebook page from 50,000 fans to half a million over the past two years.
The campaign taps into the trend for brands to identify and reward their biggest advocates in social media.
Unilever’s Marmite recently ran a competition to enlist more superfans into its ‘Marmarati’ secret society.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...