KFC first social media campaign targets women
KFC is continuing its efforts to attract young female consumers, with its first major UK social-media campaign.
KFC: targeting women with first social push
The fast-food chain is supporting its Grilled BBQ Rancher range with a viral ad featuring comedian Jenny Bede.
The tongue-in-cheek clip (below) considers the justifications women might use for eating unhealthy food, such as "It doesn’t count if it’s from someone else's plate".
Viewers will be encouraged to share their "It doesn’t count if…" stories on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Twitter users can also follow KFC’s @Doesnt-CountIf feed.
Jennelle Tilling, UK and Ireland vice-president for marketing at KFC, said: "Our first major social campaign provides us with a light-hearted mechanic to engage directly with young adult females, and gives us a chance to change their perception of KFC."
The campaign was created by digital company Fabric Worldwide.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...