Domino's flags up soaring mobile sales
Domino's has today (26 September) reported a 3.7% rise in like-for-like sales in the UK in the 13-week period to 23 September, driven by a leap in mobile sales that were up nearly 50% year on year.
Domino's: sales via mobile up nearly 50% year on year
The jump in online and mobile sales comes as Domino's shifts spend out of linear TV and plans to allocate more funds from its £10m marketing budget to lower-cost digital activity.
Domino's holds great store by its online and mobile sales of its pizzas. Britain's biggest pizza delivery store said that ecommerce now accounted for 58.4% of UK-delivered sales in the 13-week period, compared to 46.5% the year before.
Within online sales, mobile sales were up 46.9%, and now account for 18% of total online sales.
Domino's opened 11 new stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Germany during the reporting period, meaning it has now opened a total of 34 stores so far this year
The company said group sales overall grew 7.9% to £136.4m in the 13 weeks to 23 September.
Domino's results come ahead of the company's traditionally strong forth quarter.
Lance Batchelor, chief executive of Domino's, said: "I am pleased to report that Q3 has been another period of growth for Domino's.
"Our franchisees continue to show demonstrable enthusiasm and commitment to drive the business forward, even in a challenging economic climate."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Lead Business Analyst Hays Information Technology £37500.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Dorset
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...