McDonald's to create 2,500 UK jobs
McDonald's today announced the creation of 2,500 jobs, in an effort to deflect from the gloom on the high street.
Vince Cable: secretary of state for business, innovation and skills
The fast-food chain is creating the jobs this year, meaning it will have a total UK workforce of 93,500 by the end of 2013.
The posts are being created in McDonald's outlets, and will include managers, along with serving staff. No jobs will be created at head office.
McDonald's says it has added more than 20,000 people to its workforce during the past five years.
The announcement coincided with a visit by Vince Cable, secretary of state for business, innovation and skills, to a McDonald's in London today.
Cable said: "A highly skilled workforce is an important part of any growing business. That's why I am pleased to see how McDonald's is providing training and apprenticeships in a range of skills.
"McDonald's is also to be applauded for helping adult employees get qualifications in Maths and English."
Today's announcement comes amid depressing news on the nation's high streets. A number of well-known chains have collapsed recently, including Jessops, Blockbuster and HMV.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...