Campaign: Sport - Delhi echoes to sound of Jerusalem
Campaign: England Chooses its Anthem
Client: Commonwealth Games England
PR team: Threepipe Sport
Timescale: March-May 2010
Commonwealth Games England (CGE) wanted a campaign to raise the profile of the team and engage with the public in the months leading up to the Delhi Commonwealth Games.
- To engage with sports fans
- To raise awareness of CGE
- To drive traffic to the CGE website and Facebook page.
STRATEGY AND PLAN
It was decided to let the public choose the national anthem for the CGE team, letting fans have a say in what tune is played every time athletes triumph in Delhi. Voters were offered Land of Hope and Glory, Jerusalem and God Save The Queen as options, or allowed to suggest an alternative. Voting was set up and managed by YouGov on the CGE site. The campaign was launched on St George's Day.
MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION
Coverage appeared in national and sports media including The Mail on Sunday, the Telegraph, The Sun online, Metro and on BBC 5 Live.
In total, 1,896 votes were cast and the winning anthem was Jerusalem. A new version was recorded by colliery band Grimethorpe, to be played every time England wins gold.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...