Technology: Product placement firm in comms drive
International product placement firm MirriAd has handed a six-figure account to College Hill, as OfCom scales back the ban on product placement on UK television.
MirriAd was launched in 2007 and provides a service that digitally embeds products, logos and videos into existing digital media content, including TV and film productions, to give the effect that they were always there.
College Hill has been awarded a retained account to raise awareness of the brand in the UK and internationally in light of these changes.
Historically, product placement has been banned on UK television.
However, industry regulatory body OfCom's Broadcasting Code is to be changed to allow product placement in the UK market following changes in EU legislation this year and the UK Government subsequently giving the green light.
College Hill partner James Hogan said: 'Once this change comes into effect, MirriAd will be uniquely positioned to tap into the huge EU market.
'We are excited to be working with the company, as it looks to really take off in the next few months.'
Product placement is allowed in the US, with the sector seeing a growth of 25 per cent over the past year, according to media research firm PQMedia.
MirriAd has just added investment management firm Oxford Capital Partners and broadcasting company STV Group to its list of shareholders in the UK.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...