IPA Effectiveness Awards 2010: Bronze Award - Karcher Pressure Washers
Title: Men just want to have fun: how getting to grips with the complex mind of man became the catalyst for growth for Karcher Pressure Washers
Client: Karcher UK
Author: Jamie Inman, HMDG
Contributing author: Neil Dawson, HMDG
Credited companies - Creative agency: HMDG; media agency: Zed Media
Medium used: TV
IN A NUTSHELL
Branded TV advertising successfully strengthened Karcher's relationship with consumers and retailers, delivering a short-term payback of between three to five times the total 2009 budget of £570,000.
Despite being available in the UK for many years, high-pressure washers remained a relatively underdeveloped category. By assessing the male psyche, and employing brand advertising to a category with no history of it, Karcher was able to deliver results. Carefully planned TV slots were used to target the male audience through exploring the playful satisfaction connected with power tools. Despite a small marketing budget, this campaign was a catalyst for strengthening Karcher's relationship with consumers and retailers. The campaign delivered a short-term payback of between three to five times the total 2009 budget of £570,000.
A well-written case with clear evidence of its achievement. Given the difficult category and small budget, this campaign delivered great results.
Lord Burns, chairman, Channel 4; chairman, Santander UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Interim Head of Marketing & Communications Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Brentwood
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...