Campaigns: Voluntary sector - Hare raising art for Great Ormond St
Campaign: Hare Styling 2011
Client: Michael Van Clarke
PR team: Primal PR
Timescale: January-June 2011
The Hare Styling campaign was set up by designer Karen Welman and hairdresser Michael Van Clarke, whose daughter Angelica had a lifesaving operation at Great Ormond Street Hospital at two days old.
Now aged 15, Angelica drew the outline of a hare and celebrities were rounded up to turn the design into unique works of art, which were auctioned to raise money for the hospital.
- To raise awareness of the Hare Styling project to increase bids on the artwork
- To raise a substantial amount of money for Great Ormond Street Hospital and increase awareness of the charity.
Strategy and plan
The hare image was reproduced on 220 A4 canvases. Celebrities including Tracey Emin, Cheryl Cole, Stella McCartney and Twiggy were secured to decorate them.
Celebrity preview events were held at the Heartbreak Gallery in London.
A book of images was produced, and bids could be placed on a website before the main auction event.
Measurement and evaluation
The campaign generated 80 pieces of press coverage, including Radio One, Sky News, Vogue.com, Dailymail.co.uk, The Sun, and OK! magazine.
The event attracted stars including Stella McCartney, Martin Kemp and Vidal Sassoon, and raised more than £300,000.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...