Voluntary Sector: The Week in Charities
BBC Children in Need has called in House PR to handle regional and digital publicity for The One Show Rickshaw Challenge that is currently being undertaken by presenter Matt Baker.
He is cycling 484 miles in a rickshaw from Edinburgh to London to raise money and awareness for the charity.
GreenSpace is appealing for organisations to support a nationwide campaign for next July's Love Parks Week. The event raises awareness of the importance of parks, highlighting the need for continual investment.
Christian Aid has partnered with Magnum Photos to launch 'Stigma Under the Lens' - a series of audio-photographic slideshows for World Aids Day on 1 December, featuring people around the world living with HIV. Four Magnum photographers travelled around Kenya, Bolivia, Tajikistan, India and the UK to record powerful testimonies.
Rhythmix, the charity involved in a wrangle with X Factor producer Syco over a group formed using the same name, has called in Unity on a pro bono basis for PR and campaign support, to help recoup some of its £8,000 legal costs.
Learning and Skills Network has gone into administration, which is being handled by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
A spokesperson said it was too early to discuss the future of comms staff.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...