Campaigns: Food & Drink - Ryvita is revitalised by ice-cool approach
Campaign: Revitalising Ryvita
PR team: Wild Card Public Relations
Timescale: March-August 2011
Ryvita appointed Wild Card to develop a six-month consumer campaign to reinvent its crispbread range, giving it a more modern, foodie image.
- To provide ways in which Ryvita crispbreads can be served as a snack
- To enhance Ryvita's profile as a high quality food manufacturer.
Strategy and plan
Wild Card chose top chef Valentine Warner and food and drink broadcaster Nigel Barden to co-host an exclusive canape and wine event at Terroirs restaurant in Covent Garden. New seasonal recipes with unique topping suggestions to complement Ryvita's crispbreads were promoted. Warner showed the media a range of summer recipes combining Ryvita crispbreads with ice cream. He presented a how-to video promoting the ice cream recipe ideas to consumers to try out at home.
A fan club was launched alongside the campaign to enhance the brand's profile.
Measurement and evaluation
The campaign produced 73 pieces of media coverage, including in The Independent. The video appeared on 53 websites within the first week of going live.
During the campaign, the video was viewed more than three-and-a-half- million times, and the website gained 950 unique visitors.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...