Food & drink: Cheddar record bid has intense result
Seriously Strong Cheddar wanted to articulate that its product is an intense, not strong-tasting, cheese.
Campaign: The World's Largest Ploughman's Lunch
Campaign: The World’s Largest Ploughman’s Lunch
Client: Seriously Strong Cheddar
PR team: Fleishman-Hillard
Timescale: May-July 2011
- To create buzz and drive awareness about Seriously Strong Cheddar
- To change people’s perception of Seriously Strong Cheddar from a ‘strong’ to an ‘intense’ tasting cheddar.
- To link the brand with the traditional ploughman’s lunch, taking it ‘out of the pub’ and directly to consumers.
STRATEGY AND PLAN
Fleishman-Hillard devised a campaign around a world record attempt for the largest ploughman’s lunch, with the gigantic piece of food art to be displayed at the Foodies Festival in Battersea.
Chef Paul Merrett also created a ‘Perfect Ploughman’s’ recipe, while regional suppliers sourced products for the world record attempt.
MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION
The story was covered by key listings, while the photo-story was featured as picture of the day on Telegraph.co.uk and Metro.co.uk, as well as a full story and image on AOL.com and by 13 regional media outlets.
Sampling reached 5,000 Foodies Festival attendees. The largest ploughman’s lunch was officially verified as a Guinness World Record on 26 August.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Gloucestershire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...