Campaigns: Food & Drink - N-ice way to promote frozen foods
The British Frozen Food Federation is the trade body for the frozen food industry, representing both retail and wholesale foodservice sectors. It appointed Pelican to drive sales of frozen foods to the industry.
Frozen foods: Pelican PR promotion brief
Campaign: Taste, Believe, Buy
Client: British Frozen Food Federation
PR team: Pelican PR
Timescale: February 2009-August 2011
- To halt declining sales of frozen food in food service
- To prove frozen food tastes as good and is as nutritional as fresh.
PLAN AND STRATEGY
The results of research projects showing the benefits of frozen food were publicised to key trade press and kept 'frozen vs fresh' in the news. The world's first frozen food report was launched at a parliamentary reception and a summary of the findings was issued to the media. To bring the campaign to a close, N-ice, the world's first gourmet restaurant serving only frozen food, opened a pop-up for one week in Vincent Square, London.
MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION
The total value of frozen food purchases increased by 2.4 per cent by the end of 2010, in a shrinking market for caterers.
The campaign had significant influence on the Government to change the Healthy Start regulations, which have been altered to include frozen vegetables. N-ice was fully booked each day, serving more than 600 guests - 60 per cent above the target.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...