City & Corporate: PBP advises pension fund on Goals deal
Pelham Bell Pottinger has been called in by one of Canada's biggest pension funds as it pursues an acquisition of UK leisure firm Goals Soccer Centres.
News broke over last weekend that the private equity arm of Canada's Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan wanted to buy the UK five-a-side soccer operator.
Pelham has been called in on a project brief to advise the group on the potential acquisition, led by MD James Henderson and director of support services Clinton Manning.
The brief marks the first time Pelham has worked with Ontario Teachers. The fund used Edelman to handle media comms around its £389m acquisition of UK National Lottery operator Camelot in 2010.
Goals' retained PR adviser College Hill is handling financial comms for the AIM-listed firm.
The UK's Takeover Panel has given the Canadian pension fund until the end of April to make a formal approach.
Ontario Teachers acknowledged it had held preliminary discussions with the board of Goals, although a company statement stressed that there was 'no certainty that any offer for Goals will be made'.
Goals is the largest five-a-side football operator in the UK and has a market capitalisation of about £60m, with £53m of net debts.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager / Client Director Gabriele Skelton £45000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...