Media: The Week in Media
Metro, the city-centric free newspaper, has launched its first consumer marketing campaign to promote its tablet edition in London.
The commercial push is designed to get commuters into the habit of downloading the digital edition of the free paper, for use on tablets such as Apple's iPad.
PRS for Music, the association for composers and songwriters, is engaged in a stand-off with the commercial radio industry after PRS tried to hike its fees for broadcasting music by up to 20 per cent.
Zeebox, the social TV app, is working with hardware manufacturers to integrate its technology into TV devices before the end of this year. Speaking last week at the Social Media World Forum in London, Simon Miller, chief technical officer at Zeebox, told the audience of 50 that the integration would mean its interface would, for the first time, become 'overlaid on the first screen'.
Johnny Vaughan, the former Capital Radio breakfast host, is to join Absolute Radio to present an evening show during the 2012 London Olympics. Vaughan will present an early evening show every day between 5pm and 6pm, from 27 July until 12 August. The show will include interviews with comedians, musicians, presenters and Olympians, discussion of the day's big events and music performances.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...