Media: The Cloud to provide free Wi-Fi at stations
The Cloud, the BSkyB-owned Wi-Fi provider, is to provide free Wi-Fi at 12 London Overground train stations including Willesden Junction in time for the London 2012 Olympics.
Travellers will be able to get up to 60 minutes free access per day when they register to use the service.
A London Overground spokesman said Wi-Fi would be available at 12 key stations. He said these would be high-traffic stations, such as Willesden Junction and stations near the Olympic park in east London, including Hackney Central, Hackney Wick and Dalston Junction. It will roll out to all 56 London Overground-managed stations by the end of the year.
The news comes shortly after Virgin Media announced it had been selected by Transport for London to power Wi-Fi and mobile internet services for the London Underground, in time for the Olympics.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...