My Secret Work Weapon: Your children expose you to a variety of influences
My secret work weapon is having two kids. My six and eight-year-old girls have made me aware of the marketing opportunity presented by the virtual world.
Paul troy, director of consumer marketing, Moneysupermarket.com
Moshi Monsters is huge, for example; the next generation is totally comfortable with the digital space.
My kids also tell me about what they see on TV, and they absorb it all. What's really annoying is that they can sing the Gocompare.com jingle and they want a meerkat.
Because of my kids I watch things I never normally would, such as Despicable Me and The Muppets. You work in marketing, you watch TV, and it's really interesting to see that two girls bring such things to your attention.
I think it's really important for marketers to be regularly refreshed. It's like walking down Carnaby Street every day; the visual stimulus is there. It keeps you in touch.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...