Public Affairs: The Week in Lobbying
Populus has revealed that 68 per cent of Tory MPs and 75 per cent of Lib Dems have called for a lobbying register to include in-house public affairs teams, and more than 70 per cent from both parties supported the inclusion of trade bodies, trade unions, NGOs and charities. Populus surveyed 113 MPs during the four weeks from 27 February.
Omnicom Group has bought a majority stake in Portland as the group looks to strengthen its global lobbying muscle. The stake is thought to represent about 80 per cent of the public affairs and corporate comms agency founded 11 years ago by Tim Allan, a former senior adviser to Tony Blair and director of comms at BSkyB.
The Whitehouse Consultancy has been appointed by the UK Specialist Sports Nutrition Alliance to undertake a public affairs and media campaign against proposals, announced in the Budget, to introduce VAT on sports nutrition drinks. Some drinks that had been zero-rated for VAT will be subject to 20 per cent tax from 1 October.
PLMR has been appointed by Arthritis Research UK to develop a public affairs campaign for 2012. The agency win comes after the appointment of Tracey Loftis, head of policy and public affairs, who joined Arthritis Research UK last year from Cancer Research UK.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...