Diary: A messy business
Time for a bit of nostalgia and a look back to advertising's glorious past on the rugby pitch.
- April 1982 - Brian Rowbotham, chairman of Morgan Grampian presents the Masius Cup to the victorious Carlsberg Team at the Rugby Sevens
Adlanders weren't afraid of getting their suits muddied in the 60s and 70s, as you can see in some muck-strewn images from the early days of the Nabs Rugby 7s, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this month. Most of the agencies that competed then no longer exist - advertising, like rugby, can be a cruel game. But the fighting spirit lives on.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...